The purpose of the Finance and Planning Committee is to assist the Commission in fulfilling its responsibilities to monitor and oversee the Commission’s financial affairs with respect to the financing plans, financing requirements and policies. The Committee evaluates specific financial proposals, plans, strategies, transactions and other initiatives.
Authority and responsibilities:
- Recommends policies that maintain and improve the financial health and integrity of the Judiciary.
- Reviews and recommends long-term financial plans for the Judiciary.
- Reviews and recommends annual operating budget and annual capital budget consistent with the long-range financial plan and financial policies. Reviews and recommends capital expenditures and unbudgeted operating
- expenditures that exceed management’s spending authority.
- Reviews the financial aspects of major proposed transactions, new programs and services, as well as proposals to discontinue programs or services, and making action recommendations to the Commission.
- Monitors the financial performance of the Judiciary against approved budgets.